Friday, April 20, 2012

Coming Attractions: OUTLAND (1981) Theatrical Trailer


And, for those who don't remember the movie very well, here's the theatrical trailer for Peter Hyam's Outland. Featuring a great cast - Sean Connery, Peter Boyle, Frances Sternhagen - and a fine score by Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek - The Motion Picture, Alien, Logan's Run, etc.), Outland is one of my personal favorites from the latter part of the Space: 1970 era. As noted yesterday, the movie will be receiving an HD Blu-ray release from Warner Home Entertainment in July.

3 comments:

  1. Truly an overlooked gem. But the casting of Connery's son?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never quite enjoy 'Outland' as much as I think I'm going to when I watch it. It works better in the memory. The story seems a bit too familiar and it lacks a bit of punch. Looks great though

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. That's a doctor joke."

    "...I'll come back here and kick your nasty ass all over this hospital. That's a marshal joke."

    ReplyDelete