Thursday, February 13, 2014

Behind-The-Scenes Pix #47: THE HUMANOID

An Italian effects crew sets up a miniature shot during production of 1979's The Humanoid, director Aldo Lado's answer to Star Wars, starring Richard Kiel and Barbara Bach. I finally got to see the film last year, and while it's not as much fun as Starcrash, it is enjoyably goofy.

I actually thought the spaceship miniatures were pretty decent (as evidenced above), even if the effects techniques themselves were primitive in comparison to their Hollywood competitors.

3 comments:

  1. I might have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so keen to see this I actually tracked down a VHS copy since it's not on DVD. Barbara Bach's hairstyle in it is quite something to behold. Also, I like the robot dog from The Humanoid better than Boxy from BSG. How nice to see Richard Kiel as the hero, and the leading man too. Definitely worth a look if you fancy a cheery Star Wars rip-off, and if you fancy Corinne Clery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually from an un-made film by Atonio Margheriti called Space Coach !

    ReplyDelete